5.3.11

First March Friday

It's been a few months, but I managed to go again. I wasn't as much of a picture whore this time, but still managed to snap a shot of most of the ones I liked. The first gallery we started off at was at the Latina enthusiast gallery (I don't remember the name of it at all) and it had a few cool graphic novel prints and a few abstract pieces I got into, although I didn't bring out the cameraphone until the second gallery. Works, is the name? Probably?
David Lippenberger's Untitled piece 

ceramic and brass

Those things on the arms? Bugs. Real dead bugs. 
Our reason for coming. Barbara's California piece. The clouds kind of look like a hand.
The second gallery we went to, though, I fell in love with. It was two artists, each claiming a wall, one a sculptor and the other a painter. The paintings I weren't much into, but with the sculptures I took a picture of almost everything. They're by Derek Weisberg, and they're all self-portraits dealing with his angst from his dead mother.


Lifesize mourners





this was pretty intense. death, right in the middle of the room.


the guitar-playing, harmonica-wielding entertainment for the night


On the way back to the car. A window filled with birds.
Left early on in the night, but all in all I saw some pretty cool stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment