26.5.11

ARTRAGE demo

So since my CS2 is incompatible with my new macbook, I am on a quest to find the "perfect" painter program.
My first trial (after giving up on Paint) was ArtRage.
This was my first attempt. Emily Browning, on Nylon magazine.
Then I just experimented with different brushes and such.



Then I realized that proportions could be upheld, with the "trace" tool. (although to keep my artistic integrity, I only did the outline, and then just used the reference photo as that. a reference.)
Anna Paquin as Rogue
Another Anna Paquin as Rogue 

Anna Paquin and Taylor Kitsch as Rogue and Gambit

Blond Zooey Deschanel
 And, on the last day of my demo...

Donna Noble, quoting Lauren Cooper, all Catherine Tate

The only problem I had with it was the tagging they thought necessary to the images, and that there was a limit to the size of the painting. Other than that, it had all the functions I found necessary when using an Adobe product, I just couldn't find them until the last few days. Then I wondered why I didn't explore every button in the first place

Brushes: 5 out of 5
Format: 4 out of 5
Score: 90%

No comments:

Post a Comment