27.11.10

I Love Lace This Much

I've always been a lover of lace and old, homely country type things. While my sister's first big blanket was white with pastel paint blobs on it, I got a floral one with a tan background. That blanket has set the tone for my entire existence. That, and my obsession with birds. If I could build a watch (I've been buying them by the handfuls,) it would have a sillouhette of a bird in the face with a lace-design background and a worn leather band.
Leather & Lace Bird Necklace



To my friends, I am a grandmother. I have all of the domestic skills and tastes of someone generations back, and I visited The Lace Museum last year and fell in love.
The picture doesn't really show it that well, but all of the ornaments on the tree have been lace-ified by volunteers and are sold around Christmas. We got some last year for gifts, and I think I kept one or two birds for myself. I'll have to check when we dig out the Christmas things.
They've also made doll clothing and set up a big display at the front of the store. They are wonderful, wonderful people. If I have time during the summer I'm volunteering.
Go there. Get the tour. Browse the gift shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment